Fiber Hope Optical Communication Tech Co.,Ltd.
Fiber Hope optical fiber communication expert & fiber optic cable manufacturer
Optical fiber is short for optical fiber. It is a fiber made of glass or plastic and can be used as a light transmission tool. The transmission principle is'total reflection of light'.
The optical fiber communication system is a communication system that uses light as the carrier wave, uses extremely thin glass to draw extremely thin optical fibers as the transmission medium, and uses light to transmit information through photoelectric conversion. Communication using optical fiber is called optical fiber communication.
Optical fiber transmission has many outstanding advantages:
1. Frequency bandwidth: The width of the frequency band represents the size of the transmission capacity. The higher the frequency of the carrier, the greater the bandwidth of the signal that can be transmitted;
2. Low loss: when transmitting 1.31um light, the loss per kilometer is below 0.35dB. If 1.55um light is transmitted, the loss per kilometer is even smaller, reaching below 0.2dB;
3. Light weight: The optical fiber is glass fiber with small specific gravity, which makes it have the characteristics of small diameter and light weight, and it is very convenient to install;
4. Strong anti-interference ability: Because the basic component of optical fiber is quartz, it only transmits light, does not conduct electricity, and is not affected by electromagnetic fields. The optical signals transmitted in it are not affected by electromagnetic fields. Therefore, optical fiber transmission has an impact on electromagnetic interference and industrial interference. Strong resistance;
5. High fidelity: Because optical fiber transmission generally does not require relay amplification, it will not introduce new nonlinear distortions due to amplification. As long as the linearity of the laser is good, the TV signal can be transmitted with high fidelity;
6. Reliable working performance: The optical fiber system contains a small number of equipment (unlike a cable system that requires dozens of amplifiers), and the reliability is naturally high. In addition, the life of the optical fiber equipment is very long, and the trouble-free working time is up to 500,000 ~750,000 hours;
7. The cost continues to drop: As the source of the material (quartz) used to make the optical fiber is very abundant, with the advancement of technology, the cost will be further reduced.
As a mainstream method of broadband access, optical fiber has the advantages of large communication capacity, long relay distance, good security performance, strong adaptability, small size and light weight, wide source of raw materials and low price. The application is more and more extensive.
Common optical fiber specifications are:
Single mode: 8/125μm, 9/125μm, 10/125μm
Multimode: 50/125μm, (European standard), 62.5/125μm, (American standard)
At present, the optical fibers used in optical fiber communication systems include quartz optical fibers, plastic coated optical fibers, single-mode optical fibers, and multi-mode optical fibers.
Fiber hope fiber optic cable and patch cord manufacturers can provide high-quality fiber optic cables,
fiber pigtails, fiber patch cords, single-mode multi-mode fiber, welcome to inquiry!
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.