Fiber Hope Optical Communication Tech Co.,Ltd.
Fiber Hope optical fiber communication expert & fiber optic cable manufacturer
The tail fiber (the tail fiber), also known as tail line, pigtail line. It has a connector at one end, and a broken end of an optical cable core at the other end, which is connected to other optical cable cores through fusion. In other words, if a jumper is cut from the center into two sections, it becomes two pigtails. Pigtails often appear in fiber optic terminal boxes and are used to connect fiber optic cables and fiber optic transceivers.
Classification of pigtails
Like fiber jumpers, pigtails are also divided into single-mode pigtails and multi-mode pigtails. They have certain differences in color, wavelength, and transmission interval. Generally speaking, the multimode pigtail is orange, the operating wavelength is 850nm, and the transmission interval is about 500m; the single-mode pigtail is yellow, and the operating wavelength is 1310m or 1550m, and the transmission interval is longer, about 10-40km. . In addition, depending on the number of fiber cores, pigtails can be divided into single-core pigtails, 4-core pigtails, 6-core pigtails, 8-core pigtails, 12-core pigtails, 24-core pigtails, etc. Choose from different needs.
One of the main functions of pigtails is to connect. The optical fiber and the pigtail are connected, and the bare fiber and the optical fiber pigtail in the optical cable are fused together to form a whole, while the pigtail has a separate optical fiber head, which is connected to the optical fiber transceiver to connect the optical fiber and the twisted pair. Received the information socket. In the process of optical fiber fusion splicing, the following main things are commonly used: optical end boxes, optical fiber transceivers, pigtails, couplers, special wire strippers, optical fiber cleavers, etc. The pigtails commonly used in transmission systems have five interfaces: SC/PC, FC/PC, LC/PC, E2000/APC, ST/PC.
There are five types of pigtails commonly used in transmission systems:
1. FC-SC type, that is, the common pigtail of round to square. FC connects to the ODF box, and SC connects to the optical port of the device. This kind of optical fiber connector is widely used in the earlier SBS and Optix equipment.
2. FC-FC type, commonly known as round to round pigtail. Generally used as fiber jumper between ODF racks.
3. SC-SC type, commonly known as square-to-square pigtail, is generally used for connecting optical boards between equipment.
4. SC-LC type, LC interface is commonly known as small square head pigtail, which belongs to the snap-on connector. Now Huawei OSN series equipment, ZTE S series equipment, including early Lucent wave division equipment, all use this kind of optical fiber connector.
5. The LC-LC type is generally used in the internal connection fiber between the WDM equipment, this application is relatively small.
After reading the above content, I believe everyone has a certain understanding of fiber pigtails.
Fiber hope fiber optic cable and patch cord manufacturers can provide high-quality fiber optic cables,
fiber pigtails, fiber patch cords, single-mode multi-mode fiber, welcome to inquiry!
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.