Fiber Hope Optical Communication Tech Co.,Ltd.
Fiber Hope optical fiber communication expert & fiber optic cable manufacturer
Optical cables are now used in medicine as endoscopes, mostly in signal lights for entertainment and audio. There are many advantages of optical cable, first of all, it is relatively strong anti-interference. What is transmitted in the optical cable is the light beam instead of the electronic signal, so it will not be interfered by the external electromagnetic during the transmission process. Secondly, it has fast transmission speed and long transmission distance. Optical cable is the fastest transmission medium, and the distance that can be transmitted is also very large. Do you want to know more about optical cables? The following editor of Xianji Network will introduce to you the three major technologies of fiber optic cable structure, types of fiber optic cables, 10 steps of fiber optic cable fusion, fiber optic cable line failure, and fiber optic cable life extension.
Optical cable structure
The basic structure of optical cable is generally composed of several parts such as cable core, reinforced steel wire, filler and sheath. In addition, there are components such as waterproof layer, buffer layer, insulated metal wire and so on as needed. The optical cable is composed of three parts: a strengthening core, a cable core, a sheath and an outer sheath. There are two types of cable core structure: single core type and multi-core type. The single core type has two types: full type and tube bundle type; the multi-core type has two types: ribbon type and unit type. The outer sheath has two types: metal armored and non-armored.
Types of optical cables
There are many types of optical cables, and there are more classification methods. Here are some commonly used classification methods.
1. Classified according to transmission performance, distance and purpose. It can be divided into long-distance optical cables, local telephone optical cables, submarine optical cables and user optical cables.
2. Classified according to the type of optical fiber. It can be divided into multi-mode optical cables and single-mode optical cables.
3. According to the method of optical fiber coating. It can be divided into tight sleeve fiber optic cable, loose sleeve fiber optic cable, bundle tube type fiber optic cable and ribbon multi-core unit fiber optic cable.
4. Classification according to the number of fiber cores. It can be divided into single-core optical cable, dual-core optical cable, four-core optical cable, six-core optical cable, eight-core optical cable, twelve-core optical cable, and 24-core optical cable.
5. Classified by reinforcement configuration method
Optical cables can be divided into central strengthening member optical cables (such as stranded optical cables, skeleton optical cables, etc.), dispersed strengthening member optical cables (such as strengthening optical cables and flat optical cables on both sides of the beam tube), and sheath strengthening member optical cables (such as beam tube steel wire armor Optical cable) and PE outer sheath plus a certain amount of thin steel wire PE thin steel wire composite outer sheath optical cable.
6. Classified by laying method. Optical cables can be divided into pipeline optical cables, directly buried optical cables, overhead optical cables and underwater optical cables.
7. Classified according to the nature of the protective layer material. Optical cables can be divided into polyethylene sheathed ordinary optical cables, PVC sheathed flame-retardant optical cables and nylon anti-termite and rat-proof optical cables.
8. Classified according to the condition of transmission conductor and medium. Optical cables can be divided into metal-free optical cables, ordinary optical cables and integrated optical cables.
9. Classified by structure
Optical cables can be divided into flat structure optical cables, stranded structure optical cables, skeleton structure optical cables, armored structure optical cables (including single and double armored) and high-density user optical cables.
10. Commonly used communication optical cables can be divided into
(1) Indoor (field) outdoor optical cables-optical cables used for outdoor direct burial, pipelines, channels, tunnels, overhead and underwater laying.
(2) Flexible optical cable-a movable optical cable with excellent flexibility.
(3) Indoor (office) optical cable-optical cable suitable for indoor deployment.
(4) Optical cables in equipment-optical cables used for laying in equipment.
(5) Submarine optical cable-optical cable used for laying across the ocean.
(6) Special optical cables-in addition to the above categories, optical cables for special purposes.
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.