Fiber Hope Optical Communication Tech Co.,Ltd.
Fiber Hope optical fiber communication expert & fiber optic cable manufacturer
1.1 The optical cable is completely broken
If there are reservations on both sides of the site, take centralized reservations and add a joint to deal with them;
There are joints near the fault point and there are enough reservations on site, use the method of pulling reservations and using the original joints;
There is neither reservation nor joint near the fault point, so it should be solved by cable extension.
1.2 Partial bundle tube interruption in fiber optic cable or partial fiber optic interruption in single bundle tube
The repair is based on the premise that it does not affect other optical fibers in use. It is recommended to use the skylight connection method to repair the faulty optical fiber.
2 Analysis of the Causes of Optical Cable Line Failures
The causes of cable line failure can be roughly divided into four categories: external force factors, natural disasters, defects of the cable itself and human factors.
2.1 Line faults caused by external factors
(1) Excavation by external force: To deal with the fault of digging by excavator construction, the pipeline fiber optic cable is opened by manpower well near the fault point to check whether the fiber optic cable is damaged in the manpower well, and the two-way test interrupts the fiber optic cable.
(2) Vehicle hang-up: When dealing with vehicle hang-up faults, first conduct a bidirectional test on the fiber optic cable at the fault point to confirm the number of places where the cable is blocked, and then deal with it in a targeted manner.
(3) Gunshot: This type of fault generally does not interrupt all optical fibers, but damages some parts of the optical cable or optical fibers, but it is difficult to find such faults.
2.2 Line faults caused by natural disasters
Rat bites and bird pecks, fires, floods, high winds, icicles, lightning strikes, electric shocks
2.3 Line faults caused by the fiber itself
(1) Natural fiber breakage: Since the optical fiber is drawn from glass and plastic fibers, it is relatively fragile, and static fatigue will occur over time, and the gradual aging of the optical fiber will lead to natural fiber breakage. Or the splice box is flooded, resulting in increased fiber loss or even fiber breakage.
(2) Effect of ambient temperature: If the temperature is too low, the water in the splice box will freeze, the cable sheath will shrink longitudinally, and the pressure on the optical fiber will cause micro-bending, which will increase the attenuation or interrupt the optical fiber. If the temperature is too high, it is easy to damage the cable sheath and other protective materials and affect the characteristics of the optical fiber.
2.4 Line faults caused by human factors
(1) Work failure: Human failure caused by technicians in maintenance, installation and other activities. For example, when the optical fiber is connected, the optical fiber is scratched, the bending radius of the optical fiber is too small; the running optical cable is cut off by mistake when the optical fiber is spliced; Broken fiber.
(2) Stealing: criminals steal and cut the optical cable, causing the optical cable to be blocked.
(3) Destruction: Man-made sabotage, causing the cable to be blocked.
Fiber hope fiber optic cable and patch cord manufacturers can provide high-quality fiber optic cables,
fiber pigtails, fiber patch cords, single-mode multi-mode fiber, welcome to inquiry!
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.