Fiber Hope Optical Communication Tech Co.,Ltd.
Fiber Hope optical fiber communication expert & fiber optic cable manufacturer
1. Optical fiber: It is the abbreviation of optical fiber. It is made of pure quartz and is drawn with a special process into a glass tube that is thinner than a hair and has several media in the middle. It is a kind of fiber that uses the principle of total reflection of light in a fiber made of glass or plastic. Achieved light transmission tool. Its texture is brittle and easy to break, so it needs an external layer of protection.
2. Optical cable: It is mainly composed of optical fiber (glass filament as thin as hair), plastic protective sleeve and plastic outer sheath. There is no gold, silver, copper, aluminum and other metals in the optical cable, and generally has no recycling value. Optical cables are composed of a certain number of optical fibers that form a cable core in a certain way. They are covered with a sheath, and some are also covered with an outer sheath. The outer protective structure can prevent damage to the optical fibers from the surrounding environment. It is a communication line used to realize optical signal transmission. That is: an optical cable is a cable formed from an optical fiber (light transmission carrier) through a certain process.
3. The relationship between the two:
Broadly speaking, optical fiber is an optical cable, which is a transmission medium. But strictly speaking, the two are different products. Optical cables contain optical fibers and are part of optical cables. Optical fiber is the glass fiber in the optical cable, but the two abbreviations are often not strictly distinguished in engineering applications.
2. The difference between optical cable and optical fiber:
1. The difference between composition structure and use:
(1) In layman's terms, each core alone is called an optical fiber, and the combination of multi-core optical fibers into one cable is called an optical cable.
(2) Optical cables are mainly composed of optical fibers (glass filaments as thin as hair), plastic protective sleeves and plastic outer sheaths. Optical cable is a communication line in which a certain number of optical fibers form a cable core in a certain manner and are covered with a sheath, and some are also covered with an outer sheath to realize optical signal transmission.
That is: a cable formed from optical fiber (optical transmission carrier) through a certain process.
(3) The basic structure of an optical cable is generally composed of a cable core, reinforcing steel wire, filler and sheath. In addition, there are also waterproof layers, buffer layers, insulated metal wires and other components as needed.
2. The difference in propagation efficiency between optical cables and optical fibers:
For optical fibers, scientists have created the "internal attachment method", "MCVD method", "VAD method", etc. to make ultra-high purity quartz glass. The efficiency of light transmission of specially made optical fibers has been significantly improved.
Optical cable, communication optical cable is a communication line in which a certain number of optical fibers form a cable core according to a certain method, and are covered with a sheath, and some are also covered with an outer sheath to realize optical signal transmission.
fiber pigtails, fiber patch cords, single-mode multi-mode fiber, welcome to inquiry!
Hello, please leave your name and email here before chat online so that we won't miss your message and contact you smoothly.